Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I know, I know...

I know that I haven’t written in a while. We had a death in the family, and honestly…I was just feeling too melancholy to write. Tommy has been growing by leaps and bounds – he’s 11 months old now and has three teeth! He took his first steps on March 15th, and enjoys pushing his little fire engine around the room all by himself. He sometimes will say “uh-oh” when he drops a toy, and will play “so big” – but only when he’s in the mood to participate (otherwise he just looks at us like “I don’t think so”. He’s so funny. He loves to climb up onto one of us, then do a belly flop so that he lands giggling into our arms, or onto our stomachs. I truly love this age. Just yesterday he had his first father/son catch with Tony. They sat on the floor in the playroom and bounced the ball to one another. It was too cute to see Tommy lift the big rubber ball up and then launch it towards Tony. They were enjoying themselves, very much.
Tommy is starting to look less like a baby, and more like a little boy – the time has gone by so fast. We’re in full party planning mode now for Tommy’s first birthday. I am printing invitations today in fact, so that I can address them, and mail them out by the beginning of next week. We’re sticking with a dinosaur theme. I found this cute little Apatosaurus (the dinosaur formerly known as Brontosaurus – the long necked one) cartoon on the internet and decided to incorporate that picture into as many party things as I can for the party. We’re also making paper mache’ volcanos for centerpieces on the tables, some delicious food, and some fun dinosaur themed games planned (like “Digging For Dinos.” There are lots of ways we hope to incorporate the dinosaur theme into the party. We plan to hold the party in our backyard…so hopefully the weather cooperates. Some of the food we’ll make ahead of time and freeze…that way it will be one less stressful thing to do the day of. Its so much fun planning the party for Tommy. This truly is the year of baby girls. Out of about 6 or 7 couples whom we know are having babies this year, only one couple is having a boy! This past weekend I attended the baby shower for my dear friend Julie, whom along with her husband Mike are expecting twin girls! Twins!!! Tony and I are so so so excited for them. Tommy loves that he’s getting a ton of new girlfriends too! It’s starting to make me feel the baby itch…just a little.
Instead…we’re planning on repainting/decorating the upstairs bathroom and changing things up a bit in the living room. Every so often I get tired of my surroundings and need to change things up a bit, so that’s what I’m going to do! Now to decide on paint colors!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I'm sorry about the death in your family!! Tommy is looking as cute as ever!