Friday, February 22, 2008

Shortest Workweek Ever!

We woke up this morning to our world covered in Snow. It started around 3AM, and lasted until 10ish. We got about four inches, and its suppose to start sleeting for the rest of the day into tomorrow morning. Then even more snow is suppose to fall!

Even though my work is only about 20 minutes away from my house, I called out. I didn’t want to take any chances with this little guy I’m carrying around. From what I’ve been told, the other teachers who did venture in had a long and scary drive, plus only two of my toddlers (out of 11) showed up – one being the daughter of a fellow teacher at my school. I felt bad a little bit, but its better to be safe than sorry.

I did get to take Maverick out twice to play in the snow. He’s so funny to watch. I took some pictures, of course. They are pretty cute, I’ll post a couple. It’s amazing to me that I “posed” for my 7 month picture on Monday and it was warm outside, now I look out and all I see is a blanket of white! Crazy that this has all been part of one 5 day work week! Can’t beat having another three-day weekend though!

I went for my monthly OB appointment. My glucose test came back normal, which was a relief. I never want to have to drink that stuff again. I’m going to start seeing the OB every two weeks now…all that means is that its getting closer to my time to pop! The little mister has been pushing against the upper part of my abdomen. It can get a bit painful at times, but its really funny to watch him moving about. Tony talks to my belly and the baby responds. It’s really sweet. Started having some back aches too, which the Doc says is normal in petite women who carry “all belly.” I’m grateful no real problems have arisen though…two more months (ish) to go!


No comments: