Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Big Week!

My sister Carrie is getting married on Saturday. I am so excited for her. She looked so beautiful in her dress during her fittings, I just know she’s going to *glow* on her big day. I’m going to cry my eyes out…my baby sister is becoming a wife! It’s overwhelming and is exciting. I am hoping she has an amazing day. It’s been a long engagement in many ways and she deserves all the happiness in the world. She and Brett are so happy together, I’m delighted that I get to be a part of their special day!

We have a ton of family coming in for Carrie and Brett’s wedding. My "sis" Janine came in over the weekend (she's from Germany) and has been doing some traveling around the East Coast while visiting with us. She spent the night here on Sunday. It was so nice to have her here. It’s been 2 or 3 years since her last visit so we’ve had a lot to catch up on. My cousin Jamie is flying in today. He’ll be staying here at the house with us. I can’t wait to hang out with him! The Neuverth family is set to come in on Thursday (I think), and we have some other close friends coming in from Wisconsin on either Thursday or Friday. Carrie has some good friends coming in from all over the U.S. too. It’s going to be an action packed weekend filled with good friends and loving family. I can’t think of anything better! I’m pretty sure we’re going to go into Philly for Cheesesteaks and a bit of sight seeing on Friday (Tommy’s first visit to Philadelphia!!), followed by the rehearsal (& dinner)… then Saturday is the big day! Sunday we’re hosting a BBQ at our house. Carrie and Brett aren’t leaving until Monday for their honeymoon in St. Lucia, so we’re going to have one more day of celebrating with the out-of-town guests.

Saturday is also the day Tommy turns two months old! My little boy is growing up so quickly. It’s amazing how much he has changed over the last two months. I really love this “age.” He’s focusing so much more. He looks at things and reacts to them. I just love when he looks at me and smiles. I think he feels the love Tony and I have for him. He gets to go to the ceremony with Tony on Saturday, then we’re going to take him over my MIL’s house for the afternoon. We’ll pick him up on Saturday night. We bought this cute little polo-shirt onesie, and black pants for him to wear. We really wanted to buy a little suit for him, but couldn’t find anything small enough to fit him. I’m glad he’ll be at the ceremony. It’ll be great to tell him that he attended his first wedding at two months old & I’m hoping we can get plenty of pictures of him with his Aunt Carrie as a bride.

Today, Tommy and I are just doing some light chores while we semi-patiently wait for family to arrive later on tonight. I think he knows something wonderful is going on because he’s been smiling and laughing all morning.

Tommy staring at Janine. He kept flirting with her, it was adorable!!
Tommy laughing at me. He kept moving while I tried to snap the picture, and I was laughing while he was laughing...so its blurry.

Tommy enchanted by his mat. He thinks the yellow butterfly is hilarious (it makes a crunching noise when touched), and he bats his arm at the flying bug overhead.

Here's a quick video I took of Tommy playing on his mat this morning (I hope everyone can see it. I had to do a quick one so that it would not be too "large" for the blog).

No comments: