Friday, February 27, 2009

Color Me Mine

I had a wonderful time last night with some girlfriends at the pottery painting studio/store called Color Me Mine. I've been wanting to go there for years, but for one reason or another, just had not gotten there yet. So we planned a girls night complete with some light appetizers, a bottle of wine, and a nice iced coffee for me (decaf so I wouldn't get the jitters). I chose a tall rectangular vase, and designed a grape vine on one side. I painted the outside tan, and the colors of the grape vine/grapes are in a dark brown and olive green color. It has to be glazed and fired up in the kiln, so I won't get to see it completed until next weekend, but I have a feeling its going to look good, and I already know this'll be a hobby I can get hooked on. I'll be sure to post a photo of the finished product when I get it next week, but for now, here are a couple pictures from last night (you can see the design I drew up before I went...and next to it is how it looked after I was done painting and while it was still drying.) The colors will really "pop" after the firing and glazing. Anytime you want to go, count me in ladies - I had a blast!
Tommy now calls our dog Maverick "Bear" (which is Mav's middle name) and the dog will go to him when called. It's pretty cute. They are constantly playing tug-of-war, with Mav taking a "time out" once in a while to lick Tommy's face. Tommy just giggles the whole time.
Tommy's really starting to get the hang of standing too. He managed to stand for almost a minute today. I know that doesn't sound like a long time, but to us its amazing. His favorite thing the past couple of days is to stand up then screech and throw himself onto Tony or I. He then rolls away and laughs hysterically. Tommy has begun clapping too. He claps especially when he thinks he's done something good. Today he stood up for a couple seconds, and upon landing started clapping for himself and saying "Yay!" It was adorable. Of course its totally infectious behavior, so the minute he starts to clap and cheer, Tony and I can't help ourselves but to join in!

No comments: