Sunday, October 21, 2007

Busy Little Bees...

First, we just wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes, prayers, and congratulatory words. It is so nice to know we are surrounded by such loving people. Thank You!!

I’d also like to take a moment and congratulate our friends Jane and Nate on the birth of their second daughter this week, and also congratulate my cousin Todd and his wife Amy on the birth of their newest son.

It’s been a busy week! I can’t believe how quickly it flew by! I’ve been prepping the kids in my class for some Halloween festivities starting Monday. They are too cute. I’m really starting to bond with them and it’s nice that they are feeling so much more comfortable around me. On the 31st we’re going pumpkin picking and then we have a costume parade around the school. I can’t wait to see them all dressed up. Us teachers had the option to dress up too, but after trying on several outfits I became discouraged (everything is tight around my belly). I went to Old Navy and bought a cute little witch shirt which I’m going to wear that day instead.

This weekend we had dinner with friends on Friday night at Applebee’s. They have these new Dessert Shooters, which are fantastic (I recommend the hot fudge sundae)! I also tried their new cheese & dipping bread appetizer…it was like heaven!! Yesterday we went bowling with Tony’s engineering friends from college. I sat out after the second frame ‘cause I was exhausted! It was a good time though. It’s always nice getting together with people who are cheerful and look at life with such optimism. Plus – I scored over a 100 on my first game!! I haven’t done that in years, it really made my night.

Tony & I have a list of things that we’d like to do around the house before Baby G arrives. I started packing up all of the books I had sitting on the shelves in the guest room. We’re going to make that the baby room, so its time for me to put away my things. We’ve also started some demo work in the laundry room (Tony started it this morning). We’re going to enclose the hot water heater & other things (big scary machines I don’t know the names of) behind an accessible wall, and move the door to our downstairs bathroom to the other side. After all of that we’re going to do some painting in the bathroom and laundry room, then retile the floors. It’s a big job that we’ve been putting off, but we’d like to try and get it done now so that it’ll be one less thing were trying to finish before Baby G arrives.

Today I’m taking it easy. Very tired from such a big weekend. Am just working on some lesson plans and classroom decorations while I cook a nice pot roast for dinner. A couple more hours until the Eagles game! Go Birds!!!

Tony took a picture of me a few minutes ago while I was starting the pot roast. It’s not very clear, but you can see the belly! I thought I’d post it for everyone to see.

We’re halfway through week 11 now…I hope this week flies by just like this past week did. Every week that goes by makes me feel a little less nervous about the “M” word. I can’t wait for the second trimester to start!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't tell you just how happy I am for you and Tony, Cat. :) It couldn't happen to a nicer couple. I hope everything continues to go smoothly for you. God Bless!!!

Stayllo said...

Congratulations!!! My mom just told me and forwarded your blog address. I'm so happy for you!! Come visit me at bores-family.blogspot.com.

Kristy Wolfgang Larabee said...

I just heard the great news and had to stay CONGRATS! to you and Tony!!! Mommyhood is an indescribably overwhelming blessing; I'm thrilled you're joining the club! Best wishes for everything & enjoy those cheeseburgers while they don't count! :) Gotta love the dollar menu! xxxxx

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! Look at that belly grow!!! "Feel that kick? He's gonna be a soccer player!"

I have to ask, do you know yet if there's a stem on the apple? Or are you going with the old-school, "don't-know-till-the-birth" pregnancy?