Friday, October 12, 2007

Growing Nicely... (10/12)

I had an ultrasound today!!

I was concentrating on looking for the heartbeat when all of a sudden the baby “bounced.” Thinking it was my eyes playing tricks I looked again and “bounce” went the baby. I asked the Doc what was going on and she told me that the baby has hiccups!! Awwwww, poor Baby G!!! I knew I shouldn’t have eaten that yogurt so quickly before my appointment!

The heart is beating at a steady 165. Which is very exciting! There is something so cool about watching your little one’s heart beating. It’s very reassuring as well.

The Doc also noticed that I have a tiny knot of muscle scarring in the wall of the cervix. I already knew about this since I had LEAP surgery several years ago, but I had to ask if this could somehow affect my pregnancy. The Doc assured me that she didn’t think it would be a problem and that the worst that could potentially happen is that my cervix will not open at the end of my pregnancy. So basically, I would have to have a cesarian birth instead of vaginal. That’s just fine by me. As long as the baby stays put ‘til he or she is ready to come out, I will do whatever it takes.

Speaking of He or She – I had my first baby dream last night. In the beginning of the dream, I was at a house in the Poconos getting ready to leave for the night – when I remembered I had to go get the baby out of the crib. I went and picked the baby up – and immediately I knew it was a boy. I could feel his soft skin and see his light brown hair. I even called him by his name (no I’m not revealing the name). Then the dream was sort of “fast-forwarded” to a restaurant where several members of my family were enjoying dinner – along with my friends Lori and Lauren. We were laughing and enjoying ourselves when I had to change the baby’s diaper. Even in my dream I couldn’t escape a yucky poop diaper, but rest assured…it was definitely a boy in the dream. There could be lots of reasons why I dreamt of a boy but my favorite is a friend who mentioned some women have “premonition” dreams while they are pregnant. So I guess we will just have to wait and see if my dream is true! I don’t care either way. It was so much fun having that dream!

And now – for the Ultrasound picture. In the picture you can see the head and body as well as the arms and legs. SO cool! Enjoy Baby G’s latest pic!!

No comments: