Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Milestones

I can't believe it! Tommy is a month old today! It feels like only yesterday I was lying in the operating room and the docs were delivering my little boy. It's really hard to believe that a month has gone by. Tommy has changed so much from those first couple of days when we welcomed him into the world. He's looking more and more like Tony every day, though thankfully he has something of mine - my ears! We're just so happy to have him in our lives. He has certainly made our world a brighter and happier place.

I'm really enjoying spending so much time at home with him, especially now that my body is feeling a lot better, and the nightmare of labor has (slightly) started to fade into a vague memory. He recognizes my voice, and I love how he’ll cuddle up into a little ball in my arms and fall fast asleep.

Tommy has had a bit of a rough day today. This morning he woke up and was very gassy. In the middle of changing his poopy diaper this morning he was apparently not finished, so I ended up having to change him and clean him up about 3 or 4 times before he was comfy in his pjs again. Then later on today he was drinking down a bottle when he suddenly projectile vomited it all over himself, me, and our couch – it was at least 2 or 3 ounces. Once again the poor little guy had to get cleaned up. He’s not a fan of being “naked baby.” He makes me laugh. All day he’s been grunting at me when he’s not pleased about something, it’s pretty funny. He’s generally a very happy little guy though, which is both a blessing and something that makes me very proud. He makes me feel like I’m doing a good job as his Mommy whenever he smiles.

No comments: