Thursday, September 13, 2007

When You Least Expect It - A Miracle!! (9/13)

I thought I would start this blog to sort of share in our journey to parenthood, as well as keep our family and friends up to date of the progress of our growing Baby.

As most who will read this know, we have tried for over two years to get pregnant. Through doctors visits, surgeries, hormone drugs, needles (lots and lots of needles), and many disappointments…we’ve finally gotten pregnant! The surprising thing is that we were not currently on any of the fertility drugs or having any treatments when “poof” pregnancy happened! I guess everyone was right – when you stop trying so hard, sometimes it can just happen. (Although I think some of the credit for getting preggers is due to the fact that I had just quit my seriously toxic job as well). I just thank God for the opportunity to feel like a fully functional woman blessed with an amazing gift.

I’m still in a bit of shock over it actually. One day I’m thinking about my plans for the coming year and the next thing I know – I’m pregnant. I’ve got this amazing little miracle growing inside my belly! I feel like the luckiest person alive. Everything we’ve been through to get here seems like a dream someone else was having. I can’t stop touching my stomach. I can’t wait to cradle my baby in my arms!

So we are 6 weeks and 2 days along. Our little one is about the size of a lentil bean. Baby’s heart has started to beat (though we haven’t seen or heard it yet), and many of Baby’s organs have started to form. Won’t be long now til things will really start to take shape!

Meanwhile, I have been exhausted. Sometimes I get a little nauseous, sometimes my boobs hurt, sometimes I’m bloated, and sometimes I get some cramping (uterus “stretching”). Mostly it’s all been pretty mild. I just keep telling myself that the crappier I feel the more Baby is reminding me that it’s safely tucked away in my belly and that everything is all right.

Here is the photo from our first ultrasound. We had it done on Tuesday. At that time we were only 5W 6D along. We have another ultrasound appointment tomorrow & I can’t wait to see Baby again.

No comments: