Monday, September 24, 2007

Wait, What Was I Saying?? (9/24)

Pregnancy gives a whole new meaning to the term “Dumb Blond.” I’ll be in the middle of talking with someone or on my way to get something when suddenly – I have absolutely no idea what I was doing! I’ve also forgotten the names of everyday objects, and am completely stumped by the simplest questions.

Case in point: When talking with my friend Kelly this afternoon she said – You’re seven weeks now right? After thinking about it for a moment, I said “No, I’ll be seven weeks on Thursday.” It didn’t dawn on me for the next fifteen minutes that I’ll actually be eight weeks on Thursday. Silly Bobbi!

An update on the job: I like the kids. They are sweet and funny and some can listen very well. I think my real problem is the nine hour day. For those of you who are not preggo (or for the men who will never get it) – working 9 hours feels more like you’ve just gotten done jogging up three flights of stairs after running a ½ day marathon after working out at the gym for 5 hours. When you’re pregnant – you’re tired ALL the time. Your body is using so much of its energy up just doing what it needs to support the baby that when you add a full time job on top of it – phew it’s exhausting!

I think I need to take a nap…

No comments: