Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Blessed

Our little boy has been blessed. On Sunday we, along with our families and close friends welcomed Tommy into the Lutheran faith through baptism at the Lutheran Church of Our Savior (the church I belong too, which we were married in). It was a wonderful day in every meaning of the world. The christening ceremony was moving & I felt my heart flutter. I cannot even fully put my happiness into words.

Tommy was really funny. When we were standing up at the baptismal font beginning the Christening ceremony, he turned himself in Tony's arms so that he could watch the people. He was looking over at his family and friends sitting in the first couple of pews. I think if he would have waved he could have. It was adorable. Also, not only did Tommy not cry when the holy water was being poured onto him, but he immediately fell asleep in Pastor Wayne's arms afterwards. It was cute. The luncheon after church was lovely. Aside from a slight mishap with our sink deciding to clog up for the day, it was everything I could have hoped for. Everyone ate well & we had a ton of food left over! (Gotta love leftovers) Even the weather was nice – which was a surprise – August weather can be quite “sticky.” All-in-all it was a great day, and I would not have changed a thing.

We took a lot of pictures... so I picked just a few to share with you. We weren’t suppose to take any pictures during the church service (including the christening ceremony), but a friend quickly snapped one photo for us. It’s a little fuzzy unfortunately, but I thought I’d share it anyway.

Sorry it took me so long to put these pictures up. I know a few people have been waiting to see them. I’ve been very tired the last couple of days…borderline exhausted which I am attributing to all the excitement over the weekend & to a mild cold I seem to have. Anyway… here they are. Enjoy!!!

A picture we took of Tommy after he was christened. Isn't he cute! :)
Lori dressing Tommy in his Christening outfit. It's a tradition for the Godmother to dress her future godchild before the ceremony.
The ceremony.
Pastor Wayne giving a warm welcome to Tommy as he introduces him to the congregation. (You can see Tommy yawning.)
The Steltz/Gonzalez Family
Us with Tommy's Godparents - Lori & Steve
The cross Tommy is wearing is the same one Tony wore. It was a gift from Tony's grandmother who was also his godmother. The chain is from a necklace Antonio (Tony's dad) made for me.
Tommy and Amelia
On Our Car Ride Home From Church - His Auntie Carrie was making Tommy laugh so much.

No comments: