Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Fun Weekly Emails from BabyCenter

Every Wednesday night or Thursday morning I get all excited to check my email. Because I know that's when I'll get my babycenter weekly update email about the baby. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned these emails before, but in case I haven't: Babycenter sends these emails weekly talking about what to expect or some new information pertaining to the baby's growth, the woman's growth, and just some other helpful information, anecdotes, cartoons, recipes, and stories. There is also a link to see what the baby looks like that week. They compare the baby's size to some sort of fruit related item each week, which is really funny. Like I said, I get very excited waiting for the new email to arrive each week.

I thought I'd put this week's main information on the blog and share it with all. Basically I think this means my belly's going to grow even more with the baby's growth! I can't imagine it getting any bigger hahaha. It's also funny that it mentions the sleeplessness since that is what I have been experiencing. (Oh and I'm going to include the picture for you to see too!) Obviously, they don't know the exact size and weight of the baby (its just a guess-timation), but I think its pretty cool to put the whole thing into perspective.

"Your pregnancy: 31 weeks

How your baby's growing:This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy."


Pretty cool huh!

No comments: