Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update!

I went to my ob appointment today after work. For some reason, I was surprised that the doctor wanted to put me on bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy. I’m still 2 cm dilated, and still having some other issues (including spotting and braxton hicks contractions), so the doctor decided I should be resting. Originally, the doc wanted me to be out on leave starting tomorrow, but I asked her to give me one more day at work. This way I can (hopefully) get a few things wrapped up & get some more lesson plans finished up before I am on “bed rest.” I’m really going to miss my toddlers. They bring a smile to my face daily & I’ve enjoyed watching them learn and grow. I know I will be going back after June, but I imagine most of them will do a lot of “growing up” in my absence.

Today had another surprise! The ladies from work threw me a baby shower! They had a lot of fantastic food (Like caesar salad, spinach & artichoke dip, mexican dips & chips, homemade macaroni and cheese, two cakes, and chocolate chip cookies - made with pudding! They even had a chocolate fountain with marshmellows, graham crackers and yummy fruit to dip in it!), and they also gave me some very nice presents. I especially like the swing Miss Jenn, Miss Katie, and Miss Cindy gave me, as well as the memory box for the baby that my three bosses gave me. I got a ton of little outfits, and some little bibs for the baby too! It was so very nice of everyone to do that for me, I really felt special.

Well, it looks like I’m going to have a lot more time on my hands starting this weekend! Thank goodness my Mom and Dad gave me (for my birthday) the complete collection of Jane Austen’s books as well as the last book in my Sword of Truth Series (by Terry Goodkind) to read, otherwise I’m not sure what I would do to occupy my time. Now the real waiting begins!
Our Baby Swing...Isn't it cute!!

No comments: