Monday, March 31, 2008

Steltz Family Baby Shower

My Mom and Carrie threw us a lovely baby shower this weekend. All day on Saturday, I was feeling very sick to my stomach (I have a bit of the flu bug running through my system) - I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to make it to the shower. Just before Tony and I arrived at my Mom’s house my stomach was doing somersaults and I was very afraid I’d get sick as I walked in the door. Seeing so many people awaiting our arrival and “showering” us with love – and presents – really helped take my mind off feeling so sick. There was some great food thanks in part to my Mom, and “Uncle” Andy, and the cutest little cake, which my sister’s best friend Kelli made for us. The cake was blue and had little starts and moons on it, which is the “theme” of the baby’s room. It was so nice of her to style the cake just for Baby! We received so many wonderful things, including a ton of clothes! Our little guy will be set for wardrobe for at least the first year of his life! We were given quite a few items from our registry including the stroller with matching carrier, car seat, monitor, lamp, bedding set, play mat, and diaper genie. My Aunt Donna knitted a lovely blanket for the baby too. It is adorable. One of my favorite items was this “cake” made mostly out of rolled up diapers, which a friend of my sister’s made for us. My mom also gave us this soft brown bear for the crib, it makes “womb” sounds, which are suppose to be soothing for the baby. It was really nice to see my family and friends and to be able to share with them the joy of our future baby boy. Thank you to everyone who came out on Saturday and helped celebrate, and thank you so much for the gifts – we cannot wait to introduce you to our son.
Also – if anyone took pictures, I would love to see them. Please email them if you get a chance (if you need my email address please let me know). Thank you!! Below are some pictures from the shower.

My sis Carrie, Mom, Dad, and Me!

Me opening the baby Monitor. Thanks Lauren!

Tony and I opening the car seat - Thank you Jeannine and Amanda! The Diaper "cake" - I loved it! (Inside there were also bibs, washclothes, ring-a-links, pacifiers, a bottle, and some baby powder!) I'm sure it took a lot of work to put together, so sweet.
I loved my little "bunny ears" ribbon bonnet! Thank you Lori for making it!
Mmmm Cake!! Look how cute it is! It had little white chocolate moons and stars all over it! Adorable!
Carrie showing some belly love! My cousins Christa and Barbara with me and Carrie

My wonderful girlfriends and two of our newest additions, can't wait for my little guy to meet his new little friends!

No comments: