Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3 CM Dilated!!!

I am sooo excited!

Quick back-story: On Monday I went to the hospital – it turned out to be a false alarm – I was sure it was time. I had terrible back aches, belly aches, and contractions. Unfortunately, the contractions were too close and not long enough to do anything to push the labor along (was still 2 cm and 50% effaced)…so back home I went, to rest and wait. The contractions and pains lasted the rest of the day into most of yesterday. I’ve been getting them very sporadically since then.

So Mom took me to the OB this morning for my weekly appointment (I’m not suppose to be driving anymore) where she was able to hear the baby’s heartbeat! It was amazing for me to see the look on her face while she listened to her grandson’s heart beating away. It’s something I won’t soon forget.

While we were at the appointment the doc did another internal. She cleared away the rest of the mucus plug and let me know I was now at 3 cm dilation!! Apparently, the contractions I had on Monday and Tuesday (and the little ones I’ve been having ever since) helped to dilate me further. The doc estimates that the baby will arrive within the next week and a half & that he is right around 8 pounds! (ouch!)

I am super excited. I would jump up and down if I could! I can’t wait to meet Baby G!!

No comments: