Thursday, November 6, 2008

Monday Morning Moms

I know I hinted at it before, but I never did explain why I was looking for kids toys, etc. I am starting a day care out of my home with the help of an organization called Monday Morning Moms. http://www.mondayam.com/

They help Moms like me who love to teach (Am NJ certified teacher, First Aid/CPR certified, have had teaching experience, etc.) but also want to be home with their children - to have the best of both worlds. It’s a great organization, and a wonderful opportunity for me to incorporate two of the things I love into my everyday life. So far the people I’ve spoken with and met are great and I know I’m going to enjoy working with them. I’ve had a lot of fun transferring our second Family Room into a sort of “classroom” for Tommy and others to play in. There is so much more I could do with the room, but until I get a few little people to watch I didn’t want to go overboard.

For now, I only want to take in two or three kids – infant to 3 years most likely – at least until Tommy is a little older and able to do more on his own, then I may take on one or two more. Tommy will get great social interaction & I get to teach again! The MMM program really is for any couple who is looking to have their child in a smaller environment (more one-on-one) than the typical daycare or preschool. I’m just so excited for this adventure to begin!

Here are a couple pictures I took of Tommy playing in the room, I went to the craft store yesterday and picked up some baskets and other things, so its organized a little differently, but at least you can see what the room looks like. I'm proud of it. Also… I shared these pictures with a friend on mine who’s having twins. It made me think of her. Here, Tommy was playing with the “other” baby in the mirror. It was adorable.

No comments: