Friday, October 24, 2008

Taking a moment during nap time.

I may have gone a little overboard at ACME yesterday. All of the Gerber Stage 2 baby food was on sale 10 for $10 … BRILLIANT!! So, because I am an awesome mom who wants her little boy to have the best variety of foods available…I took advantage of the sale. And then some. Supposedly, he will be on his Stage 2 foods for about two months… I think its safe to say I have enough food now to last the entire two months, perhaps with some extras. It’s neat to see some of the combinations they have – like Apples & Blueberries and Apricot & Mixed Fruit. It sounds delicious. I can’t help but feel as though I could make these things myself. I have a baby food processor, does anyone have any *easy* baby food recipes? I’d at least like to make something myself for him. For those who are getting an early start to their gift giving this year – Toys R Us is having a big sale today and tomorrow. So you may want to head over there and check it out if you have kids to buy for. http://www.toysrus.com/This week was a big week for us. We had Maverick fixed on Tuesday. It was time. I wanted to get it done before Tommy got big enough to crawl after him. Mav needed to rest for a couple of days, which I think would have been nearly impossible with a crawling baby. On Tuesday, we also had our carpets cleaned. We cleaned them ourselves when we first moved into the house a couple years ago, but we never felt they were truly as clean as we wanted them to be. We had the ChemDry guys give the carpet a deep cleaning (extra $$) & remove any excess dog odor from the family room (the old owners never cleaned up after their dog). You should see the difference in the carpet. It looks amazing, smells clean, & feels comfy. Definitely worth the time and money to have the carpets thoroughly cleaned. They are like new! I can’t wait to fix the room up this weekend and start hanging out down there more. Today we are taking Tommy for his 6 month check up. He’s going to get more shots & have his flu shot… poor baby. We feel so bad when he has to have his shots. It’s torture to see him in pain and know that you had at least some part in it – even if it is necessary to ensure he won’t get some sickness we could prevent. We’re trying to figure out where to take Tommy for some portraits. Does anyone go to Sears or Target or some other such place for theirs? Do the pictures look alright? I would normally shy away from a place like that…mostly because I don’t like pictures that look so posed, but I’m also not willing to pay an arm and a leg for a picture of my kid that I could probably take myself if I had the time. Any advice?

No comments: