Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Oatmeal Cookies

I am attending a cookie swap (So Excited!!) this upcoming weekend, so I thought I would share the recipe for the oatmeal cookies I will be making, with you. I am making quite a few batches on Saturday morning, so I'll be sure to have Tony take a picture of me with the cookies all over our kitchen.
Bobbi’s Semi-Homemade Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 Package Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
1 Tbsp of Water
1 Egg
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Brown Sugar
½ Bag of Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Follow directions according to package (Step 1). Next - Add the nutmeg and brown sugar to cookie mixture, and mix well. Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Continue following directions for Steps 2 and 3 according to package.
**Note: You can also add a cup of dried cranberries or walnuts for that extra bit of holiday cheer!

And here is a picture or two of Tommy eating a sugar cookie from the batch I made over the weekend (he didn't really eat it, more like squish it in his fingers and ALL OVER his highchair... but he sure knew what to do with it when we gave it to him!) You can see how red his mouth and fingers got from the red sugar crystals.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Yay cookies and cute babies and all those Christmas lights!!